Changing your general preferences
The general preferences apply to all your subscriptions as well as to the way your Sympa mailing list web interface displays. To change your preferences, do as follows:
- Go to the list environment homepage and log on.
- In the form displayed on top of the left column, click on the 'Your preferences' link.
- Change your preferences.
- Click on 'Submit' for every option you change.
You can change:
- your name; if you subscribe to a list from the mailing list server web interface, the 'Name' field will automatically be filled in the members list;
- the language in which the Sympa web interface is displayed (you can change language on every page of the web interface; your choice will remain even though you change the interface language on another page than the 'Preferences' page);
- the lifetime of the cookie placed on your computer by Sympa ('Connection expiration period'). By default, the session expires when you close your browser; if you use the mailing list service a lot, we advise you to choose a longer duration;
A cookie is a small file a web server stores on your hard disk, most generally temporarily, in order to identify you as a user of its service. It contains a few pieces of personal information about you: name, email address, latest logon time, etc.
- the email address with which you subscribed to the lists (if you subscribed with several email addresses, the address to be replaced will be the one you logged on with);
Be careful: this will change your subscriptions to all your lists. If you want to change address for a single mailing list, you had better unsubscribe from that list and subscribe again with the right email address.
- your list password.
The 'Your other email addresses' section acts like an email address change.